CPEE is a modular, service oriented workflow execution engine targeted at researchers, developers and system admins. It's goal is to provide a simple and lightweight, but also more powerful alternative to existing execution engines. Modularity for us means supporting (1) execution languages (i.e. BPEL, YAWL, BPMN), (2) interaction protocol (SOAP, REST), and (3) execution shaping (runtime ad-hoc changes) by adding simple REST web-services. In contrast to other engines, there is not internal API, dependency on frameworks or programming languages. CPEE can be embedded into any website or application (running on a server, in a cluster or in the cloud) by solely relying on the HTTP protocol.
- It is a REST service.
- It's core has ~ 700 lines of code.
- Startup in less than 10 ms.
- After startup it consumes ~ 17 MiB memory.
- Per running instance it consumes often less than 2 MiB memory.
- It heavily optimized for multi-core architectures.
- It Beats a wide selection of industry leading Process Management Systems in terms of pattern support.
- «To the demo».
- No fiddling around with internal API's, just a simple, powerful REST API.
- No dependency on particular process languages, use whatever suits your project.
- No customization through engine implementation specific languages, embrace the web.
- No home grown VM in the core, rely on an existing, continuously optimized VM.
- No monolithic (model → instance) design or complex internal state, just transparency and scalability.
We will soon provide
- Documentation of the REST API.
- Documentation of the Event Model.
- Examples of extensions services for repair, inter-process and inter-instance synchronization.
- Dynamic service selection example.
- Screenshots and Screencasts.
Letzte Änderung: 09.02.2012, 13:30 | 319 Worte